The USD is on the heals of the JPY as flights into safety dominate
In other markets:
- Spot gold is down $-2.11 or -0.12% at $1757.35
- Spot silver is down $0.22 or -0.99% at $22.38.
- WTI crude oil futures are heading back to the downside after Putin’s comments. In trade down $-1.14 or -1.46% at $77.80 in volatile trading
- The price of bitcoin is trading at $51,631 up $129
In the premarket for US stocks all the major indices are lower after yesterday’s rebound higher. Monday saw shares moved sharply to the downside with the NASDAQ down over 2%. The NASDAQ gained 1.25% yesterday and has given most of those gains back in trading today. The snapshot of the expected open from the futures implies:
- Dow industrial average -280 points. The index rose 311.75 points yesterday
- S&P index -44.47 points. It rose 45.24 points yesterday
- NASDAQ index -167 points. It rose 178.35 points yesterday
In the European equity markets, the major indices traded down over -2.3% overnight in most of the indices, but are seeing a little bit of a pullback:
- German Dax, -1.7%. The overnight low as -2.51%
- France’s CAC -1.8%. The overnight low was -2.35%
- UK’s FTSE 100 -1.45%. The overnight low was -1.87%
- Spain’s Ibex -2.0%. The overnight low was -2.31%
- Italy’s FTSE MIB -1.75%. The overnight low was -2.42%
In the US debt market, the 10 year yield is up 1.7 basis points at 1.548%. The five year is trading at 1.0023%.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education hub.